There’s nothing nicer on a dark winter’s night than a brightly burning light in the window.
But if you have small kids or pets, glass and flame aren’t exactly friendly materials in your home.
Luckily, there’s a way to get that festive glow in your home that’s not only totally kid- and pet-safe, but also easy and cheap, using materials you probably already have lying around.
- an empty 2-liter soda bottle
- a string of white Christmas lights
- parchment or wax paper
- construction paper
- X-Acto knife
- clear tape
- Cut the top section off the bottle, but leave the bottom intact.
- Cut a small slit into the bottle near the bottom in the back.
- From the inside, push the plug from the Christmas lights through the slit and pull so a bit of wire hangs out the back.
- Stuff the rest of the lights inside the bottle.
- Cut a piece of wax or parchment paper to fit snugly around the bottle.
- Using construction paper, cut out shapes of your choosing and tape over the parchment paper.
- Now plug in your lights on a windowsill or a side table, and enjoy the festive glow!
This lantern is great because it can be decorated to match your home or decor, and it can be totally personalized!
To spread some light during these short days, don’t forget to SHARE this crafty idea with your friends!
Originally found athttp://littlethings.com/
The post Transform An Old Coke Bottle To Make A Beautiful Holiday Lamp appeared first on Holiday Guide To Everything.