One of the best things about the holidays is putting together the gift packaging for all your friends and family, carefully arranging everything to look perfect so you can give them to your loved ones and watch their eyes light up.
At least, wrapping everythingshould be fun. But many times, it can end up being a little more on the stressful side.
For one thing, finding wrapping material can be expensive, and then there’s the frustration of finding out that the package you so carefully wrapped and taped turned out all lumpy and weird.
If you want to make it look truly perfect, you’ll have to spend a considerable amount of time on wrapping. And really, who wants to do that when there’s so much else to do?
Luckily, there are plenty of tips and tricks out there that make gift wrapping a lot easier, and some, like this one, even make them look amazing! And while it looks fancy, it’s actually a snap to do, even for kids.
Learn how below, and watch the video to see the process in action and get some inspiration!
- Wrapped gifts
- Yarn in a variety of colors
- Clear tape
- Tie a piece of yarn snugly around a wrapped present. Snip off excess
- Repeat four more times so you have 5 bands of yarn around the box.
- Space the yarn out so that you have about an inch between each piece of yarn.
- Take a piece of yarn in another color and lay it perpendicular to the tied yarn.
- Weave the yarn through the bands, and tie snugly in the back.
- Repeat four more times, alternating the over/under segments to create a woven pattern.
- Tighten the weave by scrunching the yarn bands closer together, and you’re done!
Be sure to watch the video below to see how it’s done andSHARE if you know someone who could use a little gift wrapping inspiration!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.
Originally found athttp://littlethings.com/
The post Turn Your Holiday Gifts Into Memorable Works Of Art With Just Some Simple Yarn appeared first on Holiday Guide To Everything.